Upcoming Changes and Features
From Civilization V Wiki
Copied from 2K Forums  (Last Retrieved 11/2010)
- Worker AI improvements .
- Update to tactical AI pillaging code. Additionally, always check to make sure it’s not trying to pillage in an enemy dominance zone.
- AI victory emphasis improvements (more efficient end-game when focusing on Science and Diplo victories).
- AI should colonize other continents regularly.
- AI will emphasize production of an Ocean going explorer unit when the time comes.
- Adjust Napoleon to make him more likely to go for culture.
- More aggressive second wave expansion (mostly off shore) after initial empire building and consolidation has occurred.
- Optimization when finding routes (pathfinder improvement).
- Multiple tweaks and bug fixes.
- AI will now build ranged and mobile units more in line with the flavor settings.
- Multiple defensive AI tweaks.
- Cities heal more quickly.
- Only allow one upgrade per unit from a goody hut.
- Tweaked the single-player score list to hide the civs of unmet ai players.
- AI's attitude towards you is now visible in the diplo screen and diplo drop-down.
- Added info tooltip for an AI leader's mood. Lists things that are making an AI player happy/upset.
- New diplo system: Declaration of Friendship (public declaration with diplomatic repercussions).
- New diplo system: Denounce (public declaration with diplomatic repercussions).
- New custom leader responses (Serious Expansion Warning, Aggressive Military, Luxury Exchange, Borders Exchange, Gift Request).
- Parent category counts now include counts of child categories.
- Selecting/deselecting a category now automatically selects/deselects it's children and its parent.
- Tweaked category name truncation to better fit names.
- Hide categories w/ no children and a count of 0.
- Added support for fallback languages (if mod is not translated, fall-back to English so text keys are not showing).
- Fixed save format which causes saves to increase the memory footprint of the game drastically when loading frequently over the course of the game.
Copied from 2K Forums  (Last Retrieved 11/2010)
126.96.36.1991 (Released 10/26/2010)
- Legacy saves for players who own Babylon will work correctly.
- Mods that broke (will not load, and saves would crash on load) as the result of the .62 patch (full Civ mods mainly) now work correctly.
- Scenario menu glitch corrected.
- Exploit – Raze/Annex happiness fix.
188.8.131.52 (Released 10/22/2010)
- Fix for production prompt that sometimes appears with newly created puppet states that could stop the player from being able to end the turn.
- Aircraft banner corrections – now when you rebase an aircraft, the number will move with it.
- Resource icons now come up with Ctrl-R again, instead of sharing the same button with Build Roads.
- Selecting a great general will no longer cause yield icons to appear.
- Added option to disable auto-unit cycling.
- Fix for full-screen game when running dual monitors. Previously, the curser could scroll off the “open” side, and not be able to scroll the map in that direction.
- Misc additional fixes to mouse controls, and other interface issues.
- Rounded out financial information in the Economic Overview screen. Details now provided on the amount of gold provided by each city, the cost of buildings in each city, etc.
- Auto-populate save menu with save file name
- Allow selection of other cities by hex from within the city screen
- Added detailed trade route info to Economic Overview screen
- Added new tab to the Economic Overview Screen: "Resources & Happiness."
- Added option to activate the mp score list in single player (for “always up” score similar to Civ IV.)
- The Annex/Puppet/Raze popup now indicates how much extra Unhappiness will be assumed with each action.
- If there are less than 5 buildings still needed to construct a National Wonder, the production popup tool-tip now lists which cities lack them.
- Added Yield & Culture tool-tip info to the production popup.
- Tweak information on the Global Politics tab in the Diplomacy Overview screen.
- Category list now displays correctly
- “Installed” panel now displays ALL versions of a mod but prevents the user from enabling multiple versions.
- Workers - Added option to force workers to ignore manually made improvements (so they don’t change what you decide was best for a plot).
- Workers - Fixed bug where number of turns to complete were incorrect in build action button tool-tip.
- Economy - Fixed bug where players could disband a single unit, and not see the economic return until disbanding 1 more.
- Economy – Increased city wealth setting to 25%
- Economy – Multiple fixes to the way trade-routes are tabulated and recognized.
- Economy - Can now sell Buildings in a city (to help lower maintenance for obsolete buildings later in the game).
- Trade – Found and corrected a Trade problem that could cause your Resource inventory to multiply.
- City States - Fixed a bug where you could not gift aircraft to city states.
- Military - Medic promotion now only provides healing bonus for adjacent units.
- Military – Fix for Minuteman movement.
- Military – Correct promotions for “archer-like” units (horse archers, chariots).
- Military - Embarked units will no longer slow enemy land units
- Military - Improved unit cycling logic. Camera will jump around much less.
- Balance - Engineers +1 hammer
- Balance - Disbanding units now provides only 10% of their production cost in gold.
- Request – Enable “one more turn” button if you lose, but are still alive.
- Military – Better handling of unit need (navy vs land, etc.) .
- Military - AI will tend to build ships to deal with blockaded cities more often
- Military – Corrected an issue hampering movement of AI armies, especially when in close proximity to enemy forces
- Diplomacy – AI will be more reluctant to offer or accept open border agreements with more powerful opponents.
- Diplomacy – Fix for never ending deals (peace, research agreements, etc).
- City – City specialization and city focus improvements.
- City - Cities that are Avoiding Growth will not grow while that option is selected
- Workers – Priority of trading posts reduced, and rebalanced priorities on other improvements
- Workers – Improved the path-finding mechanic when building route-to roads improved, including a large performance increase when evaluating road-pathing.
- City - Make sure Puppets don't construct buildings that require Resources.
- City - Add a Puppet city strategy that turns off training buildings and emphasizes gold.
- Military – Defensive tactical AI update. When you are at war and threatening an enemy city, the AI will better utilize the garrison, as well as the surrounding terrain in defense of the target city.
- Exploit – Fix for gifting unit exploit
- Chat – Color-coding, sound alerts, etc., added for in-game chat system, including a larger window.
- Deals – Additional deal validation put in place to verify deals before they are committed
- Research treaties that end because you declare war will no longer grant the free tech
- Save/Load – Fix for corrupted saves being experienced by some players in late-game.
- Map - Huge map crash-during-load fix that were reported on some specific systems.
- Map – Terrain caching fix that could cause problems for certain video cards (the “glowing red orbs” seen on the map are an indicator of this).
- Map – Fix for the low res terrain that appears the first time the game is run (terrain tiles would not load in anything but low-res the first time you play on some computer configurations)
- Strategic View – Crash fix for units rendering in background.
- Strategic View – Fix for selecting units either standing on a city plot, or garrisoned in the city plot.
- Eyefinity – Better handling of leader scenes when using Eyefinity displays.
- Tutorials – Many tutorial tweaks and adjustments.
- Multiple crash fixes.
- Taller than wide map crash fix.
184.108.40.206 (Released 9/30/2010)
- Fix for a crash that occurs on bootup for customers using a Spanish Windows XP operating system.
220.127.116.11 (Released 9/27/2010)
- Modding - Installer and permissions fixes. Should address any remaining mod download and install issues.
- Full screen crash fix. Game will now restart in Windowed mode if it cannot find a suitable full-screen resolution on first start.
- Hall of Fame now records data correctly when using a Windows username with special characters.
- Fix for Puppet State production exploit.
- Misc crash fixes.
18.104.22.168 (Released 9/23/2010)
- Special character fix for Windows usernames: Users with non-english characters in their windows username would experience a game crash. This has been fixed, and a forthcoming fix will address an issue related to this where game victories are not recorded in the Hall of Fame.
- Default resolution fix for DX9: Some users who have non-standard or below the minimum specification resolutions crashed before starting. Now, the system will change to Windowed mode and start so it does not crash.
- AI city weighting: AI will not quite as freely offer up their cities when asking for peace.
- Gold per turn glitch: When agreeing to a deal for anything above 5 gold per turn in exchange for something else (like a luxury), the deal would always only pay 5 gold per turn, regardless of the amount proposed. This has been corrected.