From Civ World
The Chat screen allows players to chat with each other, and can be accessed via the Main Taskbar or by pressing the Enter key. The screen is separated into 4 modes of chat:
- Global Chat allows players to broadcast messages to all other players.
- Team Chat allows players to chat only with other members of their civilization. If the player is not in a civilization, this mode is not usable to them.
- Personal Messages allow players to send direct, individual messages to one another.
- Muted shows a list of players you have muted. There will be a button next to anyone muted that will "unmute" them if you do it by mistake.
Inside the Chat window you can click on users picture or their message to use chat functions.
- Chat - Selecting this will open up the Personal Messages window and let you send a private message to the user you specify.
- Mute - This will mute the selected player.
- Report - If a player is showing abusive verbal behavior, click on this to report the user.