From Civ World
Gold is one of the five major resources in Civilization World. Gold is generated by Merchants working in the City or by trading commodities in the Market. Gold earned is stored in the player's treasury and is counted when measuring for an Economic Era victory. Gold can also be spent at any time on a wide variety of things including new Military Units, Resources, Commodities, and Great People from the Market.
- Citizens in the city can be assigned the job "Merchant" to produce Gold.
- Merchants working in the city gain a boost from a nearby Market or Bank.
- Commodities in the Market can be bought and sold for profit in gold.
- Players can generate additional gold by playing the Caravan mini-game.
- There is a player cap of 200,000,000 gold.
- You can convert a CivBuck into 100 gold.
Economic victories are won by amassing a target amount of gold, measured by adding all the treasuries of all the players in the Civilization. Whenever an Economic victory is won, the condition for the next Era will be a more difficult gold total.
The first and easiest Economic victory is to acquire 20,000 gold. Difficulty increases from there up to a maximum of 100,000,000, based on the frequency of Economic victories won.